Unable to select windows 2000 from startup after windows XP was installed. Critical!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello guys. My name is Pranav. I live in Florida. I work at a motel, but a very good one with kind people. Big computer problem.Please help.

I wanted to install windows XP into my Dell desktop with windows 2000 ( I think professional). So I put in the cd and I installed it then it restarted the computer and asked about which partition to install into. I picked the one with more memory (I also did this so in case windows XP crash, I still had windows 2000). Then it installed all the way and it logged into windows XP. But the resolution was horrible so I tried to increase and adjust it by going into properties. It would not let me so I had no choice but to restart. When I did, at startup, a selection message came saying I could pick windows xp or windows 2000. But my arrow would not go down, matter of fact it said when I press enter then a countdown will begin but windows xp was automatically selected. I couldn't even go into F8. I could only go into F2 and F12. So I restarted and restarted but nothing happened. Then I tried to reinstall XP in the hope that it would give me an uninstallation choice, but there was no hope. So now I come to you my friends and I ask for your help. Did I install XP wrong? Was partitioning not such a good idea? Please give me a solution. I tried to explain the situation as good as I could but I will explain it more if you need me to. I just want to get windows 2000 back and know how to install XP properly.

Thank-you for all you help.

If your Kb is a USB style . Go into Bios setup and make sure 'allow legacy devices on USB' (Wording is paraphrased) That should allow your Kb to move the arrow at OS choice screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back