Unexpected Physical Memory Dumping

Status
Not open for further replies.
I built my custom computer about a month ago, with little to no problems. Then last night, after my parents turned my computer off, I turned it back on later and logged into my account, then after my computer slowly loaded my settings,everything looked ok, then the blue screen of death came up,i barely had time to read physical memory dumping, then it went away, there was a code there with alot of 0's, but I had about 2 seconds to read it all. My friend told me to reboot in safe mode, and it didn't crash there, he told me to turn my ati tool back to the normal settings not the overclocked ones. I started back up in normal mode and it gave me the same thing. I checked my bios and it said I only had 512 of ram, even though I have dual 512's. I think it might be a RAM problem becuase the computer starts, logs in, and looks like you can use it, then BAM, dead. I've seen people who said it's games, but I installed SAn Andreas recently, and it worked, then since I messed up my handling documents, I had to reinstall it, so maybe it is San ANdreas?? What could be the problem?

ALL HELP NEEDED AND APPRECIATED

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I agree with your assesment that it`s a ram problem.

Try pulling one of your sticks out, and boot your system, then put it back, and pull the other stick out.

You might want to test all your ram for errors using the Memtest86+ programme.

You can get it from www.memtest.org.

Let it run for at least seven passes. If you don`t have a floppy drive, there is an iso version that you can burn to cd, and then boot from that.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back