Unexpected System Shutdown Issues...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, this forum must get 35 of these a day so I'll throw out mine today on what's going on.

I have the following

AMD Athlon 64 3200
nForce 4 Ultra Motherboard
EVGA e-GeForce 7800 GT Video Card
1GB DDR 400 PC3200 184 pin DIMM for Ram
Hitachi 160GB SATA 7200 Hard Drive
ThermalTake Silent PurePower 480W Power supply
Sony 52x DVD/CD+RW Drive

Everything here except the DVD drive and Power Supply has been replaced from an old system. They are all brand new, right out of the box components. Here's the problem. Any time I try to run anything graphicaly intensive or a long video, the system will shut down or lock up with a black screen. I can't seem to figure out what could be wrong with it. The lockups also cause the BIOS to apparently lose all it's settings, although I'm not sure what that could mean. I've been replacing the compoents piece by piece over the week, trying to fix the problem but nothing has worked. From my searches, I've seen a lot of talk about overheating. Well the MB reports that the MB and CPU are very cool and don't seem to be overheating. The GPU is brand new and shouldn't be suffering as well with it's built in fan.

I'm at a loss over what could it be. One recommendation is that the Power supply may be faulty. When the MB comes back to me with the voltage readings, they all look alright although I thought I owuld post them here for peopel to critizize.

CPU VCore = 1.40V
Memory voltage = 2.59V
+3.3 V = 3.31V
+5.0 V = 5.02V
+12 V = 11.77V
-12 V = -11.62V
Chip Voltage = 1.47V
+1.2V = 1.16V
Batter Voltage = 2.67V

Now, I do wonder if the +12V and the -12V are a little off but to me, it seems fine. Anyone have a clue what's wrong? Can give me a heads up or advice on what the heck I could do. I'm at a loss here.

Sentack

Are you sure it's hardware related?
Latest drivers? Especially the nvidia drivers.
Latest codecs? If readings are ok, than hardware should be ok, right?

Grtz,
charp :giddy:

It`s just that your voltages look a little down. If that`s at idle, it makes me wonder what they would be under load.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back