Uninstalled USB, now Vista wont reinstall drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmntoldschool

Hello everyone, i am having a huge problem with my usb. I am using intel chipset 965 on my laptop and the exact usb im using is Intel ICH8 family usb host controllers.

Ok heres my problem, the other day i was having problems with my usb, so like i have done a million times in XP, ( im using vista 32 by the way) i uninstalled all the usb drivers and expected windows to located the default ones and install them fine. But now i have 8 unknown devices in my device manager that wont install the usb driver. I try clicking the device and trying to auto update, but it gives me this error: " Windows found driver software for this device but encountered an error while trying to install it. The driver installation for this device is missing a necessary entry. This may be because the INF was written for windows 95 or higher."
Does anyone know what this means or how i can fix it. Right now i am completely usbless and i cant do anything on my computer.

all i can really think of is doing a windows repair install, boot from your vista dvd and select repair when it comes up with the list of options :)

only problem is i dont have my vista disk with me, is there anyway i could get the drivers somewhere else? i have tried every version of my chipset, and none work

if reinstalling the drivers won't work all i can think of is a repair install of windows which will sort all things like that out

do you know there your vista disc is?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back