Uninstalling Norton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone help me to uninstall Norton Internet Security? I've tried the Add/Remove section (I'm on XP Professional by the way) but all I keep getting is that it recognises there was a previous version and I need to restart - it says that time and time again, no matter how many times I do that. I'm getting rid of Norton because of all the problems I've had...slowing down my PC, keeps saying my registration is no longer valid (which it is) and it doesn't recognised my registration number at all. I bought via the internet. Also, can any recommend a good, reliable, replacement. Easy speak, please!!

Thanks for the info. I've downloaded AVG Free Edition and it's busy scanning right now. I have the Windows Firewall going, so will I need any more additional protection or will these two be enough do you think?

Okay, I've done all this (I think!). Just to check...I've disabled Windows Firewall and downloaded:

AGV Anti Virus
Sygate Personal Firewall
Ad-Adware SE
Spybot S&S

Is that okay? I'm letting each programme do it's thing tonight so giving my PC a bit of a health-check.

One other thing, I downloaded Norton Remover, but I still can't get rid of all Norton Internet Security. Any tips.

Thanks for all your help. It's very much appreciated.

To obtain and use the RnisUPG.exe utility

1. Download the RnisUPG.exe file to the Windows desktop.
2. On the Windows desktop double-click RnisUPG.exe to run the file. This file removes Norton Internet Security or Norton Personal Firewall from your computer.
3. Restart the computer when prompted.

ftp://ftp.symantec.com/public/english_us_canada/linked_files/nis/RnisUPG.exe

Run at your own risk! (as with anything else from the same rubbishmaker)

Thanks for your help, I have systemworks 2003 version 6.0 and the remover states it must be done with windows add/remove software option. When I try this it only gives me a change option and doesn't give a remove option. This has no apprent effect on the softwares status.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back