Unknown Graphical Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am having some unknown graphical issues, I was playing a game that I tend to play (Guild Wars) when all of a sudden the graphics on my screen became oddly coloured.
I have attached a screenshot of my desktop to show you exactly what I am experiencing.
My only thought is that it is a graphics card problem, I am not too clued up though so I may be wrong + I have never had any issues with my graphics card.
Any help on the situation would be much appreciated. :)

Attachments

• Hmmm.JPG
    Hmmm.JPG
    85.9 KB · Views: 10
That is what it "appears" to be, but you may want to try reinstalling drivers. If you don't already have the latest drivers, download them. Also try lowering the desktop resolution and refresh rate.

I tried installing drivers for my graphics card and when i logged on the screen was black and SMARTSAVE told me something went wrong. Now my graphics card doesn't seem to be working at all due to the fact i can no longer play 3-d games and that all things with any major graphics in lags real bad :(

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I agree with Acid, that does look like a video card problem.

As for the black screen and lag, roll back the driver to the version you were using before.

You might also want to check your video card itself. Make sure it`s not full of dust and that any fan it may have is running properly.

If none of the above helps, it might time to get a new card.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

May i ask how exactly i go about 'Rolling back' my drivers? I am going to buy a new Graphics card in the not so distant future, i am just trying to make it more bearable for the time that i have it :)

To roll back the driver do the following.

Right click my computer and select manage/device manager/display adapter/your video card and right click on it and select properties/driver/rollback driver and click ok.

Regards Howard :)

I've also seen distortion like that when setting for a resolution that is not supported, but I don't see any reason why the resolution would change itself unless the software itself is set too high and when it initiates the resolution change you get that distorted image.

Probably not the issue, because you said it's just a sudden thing while actually playing and not while starting the game.

If it's a sudden thing in the middle of playing it may be possible that the video card itself is overheating. Have you checked the fan to see if it appears to be spinning correctly?

Also, check the VGA cable connections on your video card and monitor and make sure that they have tight connections. Wiggle them a little when this problem occurs and see what happens (again probably not the problem from what you have described, but these things are always worth a try).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back