Unknown problem with radeon 9600xt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Radeon 9600xt
400 gig HD (westen digital)
Power supply: 500w
Games: Cs Source, warcraft III (not wow)
internet connection: 1.5 megabit

Ive been geting low fps in Cs around 30 but it drops down to 5-15 when under fire. my friend has the same computer as me and he gets around 50 fps and 95 on a video stress test (offline mode) i get 30 on it.
Not only in CS but any other 3d games... for example.. mortal kombat 3? why would i lag in this? it runs perfect on a pentium 2?! anyway.

Ive achived 50 fps when i format my computer but overtime it drops suddenly? ive tried everything updating direct X, drivers defragging, uninstalling ATI drivers (properly), scanned for viruses, spyware, adware, malware, cleaned for dust (including the heatsink and fans), closing background programs and im kinda stumped. the only thing that seems to fix it is a format? which i dont want to keep doing cause its a long process...
the only thing ive come up with is my hdd gets too full and slows down my comp? so it effects if fps? i dont know.. Please if anyone can help me! :(
Thanks!!!
PS: my cpu temp is 65.. is that normal?

65 on athlon is high! :) get thermal paste on heatsink/change your cooler.
Make sure you have the latest drivers for your video card and also do not install too many programs that use memory wich run in systray.
Defragment harddrive and install antivir.

oops

forgot to mention i had a pentium 4 (3.2 ghz)
ive put on the paste already also :( <---- went up to 86 :O
i have defragged and also ran antivirus scan and serveral online scans.

Gonna buy a new fan... do you think 500w is enough for my pc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back