Unknown traffic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

I have a problem with my SBS 2003.
1. I deactivated my AVG update service 2 month ago and the weekly scans.
(because of a system hang one night)
After discovering more than 2GB traffic than usual on my bill, I activated updates and scans and it found JS/downloader.agent . I red the threads about this bugger , but I couldn't find any of the, in the other thread mentioned programs ,nor did he show up again.

2. I can't install SP2 for Windows SBS 2003

I'm at Step 13 now and want to let you know, that AVG Rootkit scan didn't find anything and added the other reports before continuing.

Nothing showed up so far.

thx schwarz,
P.S: I'm very happy that a forum like this exists :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had to stop at this point, because I can't log in with any other user then "admin". I created a new simple user and still
I receive an error box (something about interactice Loggin) :( Sry, have to check this first.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

seems that my mashine has issues with the current installation.
I've decided to reinstall c:\ :(

After I've checked my data drives, (like the recommended procedure here in the forum)
is there still great danger to get a new infection?!
Of cause I will install SP2 and Antivirus first.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Complete the instructions in the thread you`re reading, then post the requested log files.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of Schwarz only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back