Unknown USB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eedarf

I recently built my first computer. Spent a lot. Too much, in fact.

I'm running a A8N32-SLI Deluxe Motherboard on Windows XP 64. I didn't know at the time, that there really is nothing that's supported on 64, so I claim ignorance. I need help. Every time I try to install the chipset driver that came with the board, it won't get past the loading bar before logging in upon restart. I have to go back to before I installed it. With that, I can't use my USB ports for anything better than basic keyboard support. Suggestions? I'm dying here...

Two things come to mind. Is there an update or SP for WinXp64 you can install first. Is there an update chipset driver package from ASUS website you can download and try that instead. Can you install original in safe mode?
I guess that makes three things.

Cheers.

A lot of auto detect features seem to identify my OS as Server 2003 for some reason... I hate 64. :( But no, no updates. To my knowledge no Service Packs either.

Maybe take the damn back and exchange for XP Pro, it's prob going to be 1 year or more before software developers get around to writing 64 bit applications anyways. Sounds like you're going into a lot difficulties (seen your other post about 7900 drivers too).

I'd love to, but I don't believe newegg takes returns for opened software, no matter how poor the product, in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back