[Unresolved] My logs--please evaluate for problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

seeker22

My problem is that both IE and Foxfire have recently become unable to correctly load the Netflix site. As near as I can tell, all other sites work fine. With IE the Netflix homepage hangs up, then goes to a blank red screen and the only way I can get out of it is to end task in Task Manager. Foxfire is a little more functional, but many of the images don't load and pages still freeze up. I have followed all the steps for the various scans suggested in this forum, but it still does the same thing. I am attaching the 3 logs as requested. I appreciate any helpl

I almost forgot to note that there were NO rootkits found by Panda Antirootkit.

Can you post the exact link you are using to the "netfix" site
HijackThis Log looks fine to me, but I'm not an expert on this, but all files loading are OK
I haven't checked the other two

But thought, I wonder what site he is actually connecting to

You do not appear to have either an anti-virus programme running nor a firewall, and you have too many processes running. Otherwise the hijackthis log is clean.

i would suggest that you fix the following with hjt

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {5C8B2A36-3DB1-42A4-A3CB-D426709BBFEB} - (no file)

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SB Audigy 2 Startup Menu] /L:ENG (if you do not recognise it)

O24 - Desktop Component 0: (no name) - (no file)

Here is the netflix link I use. http://www.netflix.com/MemberHome But if I use a non-member link and then enter my membership info, the same thing happens.

I do have Norton firewall and anti-virus running, so I am not sure why that didn't show up on the hijack log.

I will tried the fixes tomrca recommends, but they had no effect on this Netflix problem.

Thanks to all for their time helping me on this.

I just installed the Opera web browser to see if a totally new browser would avoid the problem. Opera works better than IE, but there are still many images that don't load and therefore buttons that I can't see. Other websites load fine on Opera, as they do with IE and Firefox. There is something about loading the images on the Netflix site alone that is causing havoc on my system.

(Moderator edit: Posts merged. Please use the edit button, rather than replying to your previous post where there are no other replies in between. If bumping the thread, please wait at least 24 hours for a reply.)

Run IE7 and clear all add-ons to check.
If this fails, get CCleaner from www.majorgeeks.com and run that.
Let us know how you get on.

I really hate IE7 but if you think it will help, I will give it a try.

I already ran CC cleaner twice. Once before I did all the steps culminating in the HJT log I submitted, and then as part of those steps. I can run it again, of course.

The page loads well for me
I see the gifs and jpg pictures on the site, and the red background.

What happens when you go to "Tools" - "Internet Options" - "Advanced" tab
And then click on "Reset" button at bottom of page.

Also I wonder if your graphics card has all the correct drivers and default settings loaded. Can you see all your own pictures on your computer ?

This happens only with this one site and with all 3 browsers I have tried--IE, Firefox, and Opera. All other sites work fine. All other pictures and programs on my computer work fine. Netflix worked fine until about a week ago. I have made no alterations to my video card or settings in that time.

Norton firewall can corrupt in the best of times

Before doing anything else, I would suggest fully un-installing Norton (as long as you have your registration info still) and then checking the site again

You can re-load Norton Firewall again after that (mind you I don't like Norton - it corrupts too easily

I installed IE 7, and with or without the addons enabled, it works better than IE6 did, but still doesn't load all the images.

So what changed a week ago - windows update? You could uninstall any updates that came in at the right time to see if that caused it.

I don't know what changed during the week. I did a Restore System to more than a week ago when I first noticed the problem, but that didn't work. I will try the firewall idea next, I guess.

This should be fixed:
O16 - DPF: {56336BCB-3D8A-11D6-A00B-0050DA18DE71} - http://software-dl.real.com/010a4f796c342b14ec05/netzip/RdxIE601.cab

This file should not be in your system.
C:\WINDOWS\{00000004-00000000-00000001-00001102-00000004-10031102}.BAK

Post fresh HijackThis, AVG antispyware and Combofix logs here please.

Regards,
momok

Edit: Thread closed due to lack of response. Should the original starter require it to be reopened, please PM a mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back