unwanted links appearing in a yellow box

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. I am new to this board and I am getting desperate. I have Norton Anti Virus, Ad Aware, SpyBot Search and Destroy and Cox.net security software. Despite all this, my computer has been hijacked! When I visit a site, unwanted links appear in a yellow box. For example, when I visited this site and my cursor ran across the words "photo album" it was double underlined and a yellow box appeared directing me to an AOL photo gallery site. I checked the properties of the yellow box and found this:

http://www.qklinkserver.com/more_content.asp?si=97&st=1&keyphrase=photo gallery

I am unable to find out anything about qklinkserver. on my own personal website, i stated that my pug loved hot dogs and the stupid yellow box appears, along with double underlines and directs my visitors to a Ballpark Hot Dog site. This is definitely NOT OK.

I would appreciate some help here. How did I get this and how do I get rid of it. I have run every program that I have, I have checked the registry thoroughy and I cannot find the problem. I can't be the only one having this problem! There has to be a solution! :confused: :confused:

Thanks for letting me vent and thanks in advance for any help.

Mindy
pugmom4@cox.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back