Unziping? A Bin

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey guys I NEED HELP,

I downloaded a game that i unzipped the there is 52 files..... what do i do to them?

i unziped the first one and that came only with a .cue..... what are the other 51 files do.....

so i get a invaild cue sheet

HELP ME WHAT I DO:blush:

Well first off Welcome to Techspot :wave:

Second off, Techspot doesnt condone warez or anything along those lines, so you did download a game that you already legally own right? Great, I thought so ;)

Are the 52 files ziped archives? if so unzip all of them then run setup/install.

If they arnt, find the install file and install the game.

If what you downloaded was a bin - Convert it to an ISO using WinISO or any other utility that can convert BIN>ISO and burn the ISO to a cd. The cd should work as a normal disc would there after.

Third, it's kind of hard to tell you what the other files do when you provivded such little information but I hope this helped :)

Don't bother extracting the files, your best bet is to either burn the image (the .cue is burning instructions of the .bin) or mount it (virtual CD) with something like Alcohol 120% or Daemon Tools. The game is most likely going to ask for the CD at startup anyhow, might as well do it that way.

Download a program called IsoBuster. This will extract most compressed files of that type for you, such as .bin.

I use it a lot to extract bin files in case I don't want to burn them to CD for some reason to be able to use the program/files.

I'd use CDR-Win, choose "Write CD-Image" and simply drag and drop the .bin onto the burning window, and burn it... you don't need a .cue

or... use CD-Mage, and you can open the .bin and it'll make you a new .cue if you're that worried about it.

But yeah..

Don't talk about s*** like Warez and stuff on here, the TS forum just doesn't need it.

But i'd never extract the image, because a) its far easier to burn it that way (post above) and b) you'll only have to type ur own volume labels etc.. plus i've seen instanses where things don't autorun properly when they've been extracted and burnt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back