Updated to wrong bios :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi, i updated my gigabyte ga-7va bios earlier but i used the wrong bios file, i updated to the hacked ga-7vaxp bios, my computer runs fine except my floppy disk controller and my ports dnt work, my monitor also decides not to work now and again afta i restart or turn me pc on. also when booting up it stats tat my mobo is a ga-7vaxp now and to check system health.

i updated my bios using gigabytes @bios tool and saved my previous bios b4 i did. ive tried to run @bios agen and use my old bios but it just stops on 48% all the time :/ ive downloaded other ga-7va bios updates but cant get these to work either :/

im kinda new to all this updating bios thing, any1 got any ideas of how i can put my old bios back on?

ta

All the Gigabyte boards I've known come with DualBios which does a backup of your BIOS before flashing it. Now, maybe it wasn't such a good idea to keep trying to flash it non stop. Once the first flash failed, you should tried to revert to the old BIOS.

What you should try to do now is go to the Gigabyte website, look for your board & get an OFFICIAL BIOS & try to update using that one.

& never, ever, ever try to fiddle with that again.

i tried to revert to my old BIOS as soon as i realised wot i did but when using @BIOS tool it just stops at 48% not sure y.
ive tried the newest offical BIOS but it still wont update using tat. stays at 48% agen.

is there any way of making a ms-dos boot up CD so i can try flashing from there? since my floppy drive dnt work nw :/

my mobo does have a dual Bios utility but when i try to use the backup my monitor doesn't come on and i got to clear the cmos to make it run from the main 1 agen.

Are you flashing from Windows ?
nonono.gif

Look for on the Gigabyte website for Flash Dos Utility & use that instead. If it creates a boot floppy, you're gonna have to do it on another PC & then use that floppy to create a bootable CD ( Nero can do that quite easilly ).

Good luck & once again remember...

if it ain't broke, don't try to fix it.

Just for reference purposes, why were you trying to update your BIOS? Was there an issue that you had which was addressed by the new version?

i made a bootable CD in nero and got it to boot up2 dos. when i ran the flash utility (using the autoexec provided with the bios) it ran but a message came up saying "Flash part is not supported" & "make sure flash is not protected", ive tried the newest and the old versions of the bios from gigabyte but the message keeps coming up. also when in the flash utility the information at the bottom displays my chipset as Via (which it is) but for brand and a few others it says unknown, i went to part list option and changed it to winbond 49f002u which its suppose to be and tried flashing it agen but it can up Bios id failed or sumthing :/

i wanted to flash my bios in the 1st place coz i wos gonna overclock my computer and thought it would be best to update everything, including bios, next time ill be sure to double check everything b4 flying into do it.

You can always send the chip to BadFlash. The whole idea of the DualBios is to save from such mistakes, shame it didn't work like it was supposed to.

Wrong Bios as well?

Ok, so I updated the BIOS for my GA-6VXE7+ off the gigabyte website and used the @BIOS tool. It must not have worked because even my monitor gets no signal now. I see that I can use the dual BIOS functionality to fix my problem, but I can't see anything obviously... You stated you had no signal either at some point in time, how did you fix that?

You know when you used @bios, did you try to update on all servers? Mine freezes on all servers but the Taiwan ones. Also carnt you reset your bios to the default version by fiddling with a jumper or somthing? forgive me if im wrong, bit of a newbie.

I actually didn't trust that internet update, so I pulled down the BIOS from the website and then used that with the @bios tool. I haven't seen any bios rest jumper in my manual...

Can you try to change your bios again with the online @bios tool? Ive used it each time ive wanted to update bios and its worked fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back