Upgrade or Buy new PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbake24

What can I do to get myself more frames on my games?

--My Specs--
Intel Celeron D
768mb RAM, 2 avail. slots, 2 gb max
Radeon 9250 video card
2 Avail. PCI slots :(

Or should I just buy a new machine?

Well.......

It would help if you told us which Celeron, what graphics card interface, and the make & model of the mobo.

dbake24; You should not report a post like captaincranky's, the report post feature shall only be used to report SPAM and other activity that is against the ToS

You did not list if it is a AGP or PCI Express GFX card, that is what he asked, and also what motherboard you have

A celeron with integrated graphics is NOT for games.

You need a computer with a fast processor (important), a super graphics card (very important), and ample ram (quite important).

sorry, I'm a noob here. and I totally regret buying that computer because its the 1st PC I ever bought. and I clearly put PCI in that post.

PCI cards will not cut it for decent gaming. I'm afraid you'll need a new PC if you're not okay with playing most of your games on medium-low detail. If you want recommendations on a new PC (or a PCI graphics card, for that matter), give me a budget and your exact location and I'll see what I can do.

Rage_3K_Moiz posted "If you want recommendations on a new PC (or a PCI graphics card, for that matter), give me a budget and your exact location and I'll see what I can do."

Well I really dont have a budget because if theres a better PCI video card than the one I have now I will pay anything but I will set it at $100-$150 for now and what do you mean by my exact location?

By exact location I meant country and state, if applicable. From your personal info, I'm guessing you're in the US. Also, I'd advise against a new card if you are able to pay for a new PC, since PCI is outdated already and you will not be able to play newer games like Crysis when they release. That's why I told you to get a new PC. Anyways, here is a link to the best PCI card available. It's your call in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back