Upgrade to Vista HPT3XX Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

gavinseabrook

Well, got Vista Ultimate...guess I will make the big plunge. Before I performed the upgrade, I ran the advisory wiz. Low and behold, my Highpoint Technology (HPT370/372) Raid Controller has no driver support for vista. And apparently the company does not make individual drivers for the HPT3xx series anymore (mine is built onto the MOBO). Well I read somewhere that I could get the RocketRaid drivers and use those but im kinda weary. The only reason I dont just move my HD's to the regular IDE controller, is the fact that I have 3 hard drives, and 2 bay drives. I COULD take out my CD r/w, and just rely on my dvd burner to burn cd's....but....I like my cd burner lol. Anyone got any advice or tips?

Just recieved Email from High Point.

Hello,

We no longer develop for the individual HPT3x controllers.
You can try using the RR100 drivers (this card uses a similar controller), but we cannot guarantee it will work with your hardware.

Regards,

HighPoint Technologies, Inc.

AFTER SAID **** it,

I tried to update anyway. No problem what so ever with the raid, but I got an error from an ATI file. Guess next time I try upgrade, I will remove ATI software first. If that does not work, I will try a "Clean" install.

im kinda worried :p. But I dont wanna go and spend 20 bucks. Im cheap lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back