Upgraded mobo in dimension 3000 - Need front audio pin out - PLEASE HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Dell Dimension 3000 2.8Ghz, and I just bought a new motherboard. I was able to figure out the usb pinout but the audio is proving tricky. It's a 10 pin in line connector. Where can I find a "map"? of the Dell Dimension 3000 Motherboard? I found some info on the dell site but it wasn't the actual pin out. I saw other threads with links to pictures but the files are already gone.

J

If you can find the original boards specs, you would be able to identify the 10-pin connectors wiring. Then convert it to the new motherboards setup

If you cannot find the board image, a call to Dell tech support with your invoice info will get you relayed to the correct page. You can also use the pinouts for a 2300, 2350, 2400. You should also be able to find the image by doing a gurgle search by the part number of the motherboard.

Still Searching

raybay said:
If you cannot find the board image, a call to Dell tech support with your invoice info will get you relayed to the correct page. You can also use the pinouts for a 2300, 2350, 2400. You should also be able to find the image by doing a gurgle search by the part number of the motherboard.

I have done searches for the motherboard pinout of a 2300, 2350 and 2400 but still am not able to ome up with a schematic with any details. I tried the dell website but nothing. This case was given to me with a dead motherboard and processor missing so... no invoice. Any other ideas??

Just ask the guys and gals on the phone at Dell. They will tell you where and how. If you use the service tag, you can get to the schematics.
If you type in the part number in a gurgle search, you can find it online.

Dell no help

Although the guys at dell were no help, I was able to figure out the pinout for the front audio connector for the dimension 3000. Thanks everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back