upgradeing inpiron E1705

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peking Duck

ok i was on dell.com and i came across a manual for the inspironE1705 and there its states : A removable (or discrete) video card is optional and present only if ordered by the customer. Standard video is integrated on the system board and is not customer removable., does this mean that when i buy my comp i can order it with a removable graphics card. i believe so. if so my big directX10 problem is solved and i don't need to get a desktop to be able to get a dx10 card.

cfitzarl said:
Nope, no discrete DirectX 10 cards have come to the market yet. You also probably don't have the best power supply, which would need replacing. Start a thread following this;

https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic66390.html

well I've yet to buy the laptop so i can only tell you certain hardware such as CPU and ram and the whole reason i asked is that I'm 13 and rely on parents for money so the next computer i get is that last one for a while so i don't know whether or not to get a desktop or laptop because laptop usually dint support Gpu upgrades. so currently I'm leaning towards a desktop but if i can get a laptop that supports and upgrade for future that would be great. Also I'm planning on upgrading in late December of 07 so i believe discrete DX 10 cards would have hit the shelves by then. If you know of a laptop that supports a Gpu upgrade in the $1000-$1300 range other than Inspiron E1705 please let me know thanks. :)

Cpu: intel core 2 duo 2.00Ghz 2mb cache
ram: 1 Gb shared dual-channel DDR2 SDram at 533Mhz
the battery is a 53 WHr 6-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery but i could upgrade to 80 WHr 9-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery
thats pretty much all i can tell you without buying the laptop lol :) hope you can help

hey while were at it since i will be trying to upgrade in a year why pay an extra 200$ for the 7900Gs do you think the 256MB ATI MOBILITY RADEON X1400 HyperMemory woul be suited for descent gameing for a year?

Fly_Guy said:
hey while were at it since i will be trying to upgrade in a year why pay an extra 200$ for the 7900Gs do you think the 256MB ATI MOBILITY RADEON X1400 HyperMemory woul be suited for descent gameing for a year?

Not really, it's not the most powerful card. I would suggest that you stick with a desktop; they are more reliable (in my opinion) and are easily upgradable. They also cost less, so you get more for the money. I would suggest building a computer, so you can save as much as hundreds of dollars.

Fly_Guy said:
alright then ill think about it i still have a month to make my descision.
also thanks for the help you gave :)

No problem. Just open a thread when you want any help when you decide what to get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back