Upgrading from x1650pro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chronologix

Ok so, i bought this card a few months ago, but everywhere I go to talk about upgrading my PC they all count the video card into effect...

Current Specs:
Memory: 3Gb RAM DDR2 PCIe
Video Card: Radeon x1650pro 512Mb
CPU: Celeron D 3.2Ghz
Mobo: Intel D915GAV
PSU: 450w

Is this setup fine or should I consider changing my video card?

Guess that would have been good info to add...i don't do any video encoding/decoding.

It is mostly for gaming and graphics design.

Looking to play any of the latest and greatest games? If so, upgrading the VPU likely won't do a whole lot because your CPU will probably be a bottleneck.

It sure won't happen and that was my point. Don't expect to play any amazing new games on max settings because your CPU is going to be a bottleneck.

If you want a more "simple solution", is this meaning that you don't want to play the latest and greatest games on max settings? Do you plan on playing somewhat old(er) games or do you still intend on playing Crysis at max with that CPU by upgrading your VPU?

Well i have plenty of older games, and I could care less about Crysis, Call of Duty 4 would be nice though...

Oddly I can run CoD4 in windowed mode with 1024x768 res with everything maxed out except AA and AF with around 30-40fps on some maps (other more particle ridden maps with fog and a ton of foliage give a less enjoyable experience)

But i like to play my games on my monitors native resolution of 1280x1024.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back