Upgrading Notebook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dood

I have an nx9420 HP notebook and i was thinking that the standard Ati mobility radeon x1600 ain`t good enough for me, so i`m planning to upgrade. Does anybody know if i can do that? or is it specifically made for this damn video card(it`s a medium range one,and you won`t get too much out of it,even if it is a 256 mb video card) ...personally i would go for at least a geforce 7600, or higher...ati isn`t my favourite....
Suggestions ?

Laptop graphic chips are soldered directly to the motherboard. What you got from HP is what you are stuck with. You can only change the CPU and memory.

So there's nothing i can do? absoluterly nothing? what about changing the motherboard? :p ..i`m trying to find an easier way to get the gamer in my satisfied,without speding tons of money,and keeping this laptop,of which i am truly satisfied,so far...

You can only buy a new motherboard from HP, by buying a totally new laptop. Unfortunately, upgrading laptops is a more constricted process than it is for desktops. For gaming, one usually buys the top of the line laptop configuration at the moment, but it usually only lasts for a few months before a new CPU or GPU comes out. Best bet is to build yourself a desktop, which would probably be in the range of $500 at the least.

The customer support from HP told me i could get a third party PCMCIA card. I`ve never used this kind of things so can anyone tell me what it is?(can i replace the video card for a better one or the PCMCIA is a different thing?)

The best way to upgrade notebooks is to trade in your old notebook for a better notebook. I think HP and Dell have trade-in programs. PCMCIA cards fit into your PCMCIA card slots. I've heard of sound PCMCIA cards but not video PCMCIA cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back