Upgrading to Firefox 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jungchen

Hi everybody
I'm still using Firefox 1.5.07
But I intend to upgrade to its new 2.0 version...

My Problem is, what is the simplest way to get all my extensions and themes (maybe also search engines and settings) transfered to the new browser...
I really don't wanna go download every single extension again and configure all those little things...

Anyone? Suggestions?

Just click "help>check for updates" and let it download the update. It should then update firefox and keep your extensions(if your extensions are not compatible it will check for newer ones and install them).

Or if you want, you can just download firefox from getfirefox.com and install it. It will update your current install.

vnf4ultra said:
Just click "help>check for updates" and let it download the update. It should then update firefox and keep your extensions(if your extensions are not compatible it will check for newer ones and install them).

I'm sorry but this does not seem to work...
When I try to update Firefox from 1.5.07 to 2.0 by clicking update under Help... It says no updates available... But the new version is already out, isn't it?

its not really need to go trough help/update
just download the installer and install
the whole stuff (like extensions, bookmarks, search engines, etc) will be in place
ofc, some extensions will be out of date and will need update
Firefox will check for new versions of extensions next after install is complete and will install it

regards

Thanks

I'm using extensions such as Session saver and tab plus...
But I read that the new Fox will hold this features in its standard version?
Is it necessary to keep those extensions? Are they not a bit redundant?

i don't know what that add-ons doing and cant give you a popper advice
just install FF2 and see that they work or not
you can enable/disable/uninstall them under Tools/Add-ons menu

regards

Well
It's done... I'm running Firefox 2.0
Though some of my extensions had to uninstalled in the process...
Notably Session saver, which I always found quite useful...
(the new spell checker in Firefox 2 is correcting me while I'm typing... GREAT!)
Anyway, Firefox is the greatest browser ever...
And this new version seems even faster than the previous one...
Though it still takes some time to turn Firefox on, when you have a few extensions...
No other complaints...
Everyone should be using this great browser...

For each big version of Firefox released, it only shows up as an update a few days later. For one, It's a way to lower the download surges after each new release.

It also leaves plug-in writers enough time to write new versions of their plug-ins so that once the new Firefox release is available as an update, extensions & themes are also available via the same update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back