Upgrading to intel mobo/p4 cpu problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'am currently running a P3 cpu with i believe is an asus board...well its a sony vaio that i've had for 3 years now....anyways.. i recently bought a new mobo/cpu/ram and new Axio X5 case with 480W psu...my problem is that when I boot the comp. it boots for about 10 seconds than the power just shuts off...i've made sure that the board is not touching the case with spacer and that it is not shorting out on me. i'm using my old 40G HDD but i've tried to boot it up w/o the HD plugged in and out but still have the same problem....just wondering if any one might have a clue as to why the power supply shuts off after a few seconds..

My specs on the new comp. is:
Intel 865GLC mobo
Intel P4 3.2E w/ HT
Kingston 512Mb DDR 3200 ram
Axio X5 case w/ 480W psu

Welcome to Techspot!

The X5 case should include ATX12v 480v... P4 and AMD Required a 4 pins for 12v extra power. check again and ensure all the plug are connected secured.

The picture is same idea for ATX12v square plug.
_--_
|DO|
|OD|
-----

you might find it with only 4 yellow and black wire.

let us know if it still not working. P.S. If you look at the PSU information and you didnt find ATX12V, you should scrap the pSU and buy aother one with ATX12V. SORRY :D

----------------------------------------------------------------------

OR your P4 possible have some of heat issues. Make sure P4 heatsink firmly on flat with P4 and ensure it include the thermal grease or Thermal pad.

THE RECKONING

EDITED: 3

thanks for the reply bushwhacker...i took the whole w/ the mobo/cpu and everything to the shop where i bought the case and had them look at...it seems my dumb self did not have the hs flat on the cpu like you suggested and that was the reason behind it cutting off power...i'm actually running the new pc right now it is faaaaaaaaassssssssssst...the fans are a bit loud but oh well it's faaaassssst as hell...again thanks for the reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back