Upgrading videocard on Dell desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a dell dimension 8400, purchased 2.5 years ago. It has a radeon 300 pci express x16 (128mb) video card. I am running windows xo with media center 2005. Picture quality is poor. I have started looking for better video card. Dell sales rep says, the card to use is radeon x1300 256 mb ddr2 pci express graphics card. Turns out most cards won't fit slot. Is there a better product out there that will fit? i am looking to keep it down to less than $150. Dell is selling the above for $99 + shipping. I am not much of a gamer, this is used 99% for cable tv and recording programs to dvd. Thanks, brad

As long as u have that one PCIe slot u can go all the way upto 1 geforce 8800 ultra or in ur case since you dont do gaming an just want pictures an cable i would go with a geforce 7300 or something you can find them around the same price an get more out of it...dont know much about ATIs ive always had nvidia jus thought i would add my 2cents good luck to you ;)

yah exactly kpo is soo right u can get pretty much any card u wish because u got the slots but as u said ur nt much of a gamer so look for an average card like the 7300 geforce which will fit ur needs well.

Um too many cooks in the kitchen here!

Out of the 5 or 6 cards suggested, just decide on one, and then go with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back