Uploading video from Sony digital handycam DCR-TRV17 to PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
for some reason when i plug my camera into the computer with the ilink cord, the computer doesn't detect the device and won't let me upload video from the cassette onto moviemaker. any suggestions?

the manual said to plug it into a vcr and into the PC at the same time, and i was hoping there was another way to do this without a vcr. thanks a lot.

Sony DCR TRV22E I've got The same problem

:monkey: I'm new at all this and I am also trying to figure out how to upload video from my Sony DCR TRV22E using Sony Image maker software. I've got everything connected, the computer recognizes that the USB port for the Sony is connected, but the software message box says "camcorder not detected". I'm trying to download video from a digital tape and am placing the camcorder setting on VCR.

Help.

while i am not certainly sure of your problem,i'll guess that it maybe has something to do with the drivers.check your driver cd's that came with the camcorder.sometimes you have to connect devices to the usb cable after or during the driver install process.if you are using the ilink,then check that your pc is detecting the ilink port first,install or reinstall its drivers and then try.maybe you have to turn your camcorder off or on or do something else while you hook it in,like i said check your documentation.you'll also require a good capturing and editing software on your pc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back