Upper 5 inch bay fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Boy 13

Im wondering if its possible to put a fan in the upper 5 inch bay. This is the only slot open, its only one, so im not sure if a fan can fit into it. Can anyone help me with this or point me another way to cool my computer?

You can put a fan anywhere you want...but the real question is..will it actually do anything? For that, i doubt it. THere are many different types of coolers around, things like slot blowers, HDD fans.

Really what im trying to get at is, what are you trying to cool? A certian part, or just your rig in general?

Sean

Cooling is an art. Just blowing stuff will not necessarily cool them.

In general blowing air in from the top of the case will hamper proper functioning of the CPU cooler and the PSU cooler.

Rather get a proper ducting kit to transport cool air into the cpu cooler intake.

Cooling`

I just got a new video card and power supply. THe power supply has much more cables that i think obstruct the air flow. Im really trying to cool my new video card which came with a heat sink but no fan. I think my hard drives could be cooled too. The temperature thing says that the video card is in the 45 - 47 degree C when im hardly doing anything. Im worried that when i start doing my video editing rendering with my CPU, that the things in the case will all heat up to much. I dont want to ruin the new card.

Do any of you guys think its necessary to add any cooling? I could do it to be on the safe side, but im not sure. If i did add a Bay fan, would it do much at all?

Lower is better

I am currently "remodeling" a case that was given to me as I continue to build a system. I disassembled everthing ( an older Dell case with a base ) and looked at the air inlets on the bottem of the metal carcass. I decided to drill holes (lots) in the plastic base. I also added some holes at the top of the drive cage and then then added a grille to the top of the case.
Hot air rises. Cool air brought in at the bottem (cooler ) will help the natural flow of hotter air out the higher outlets ( case fan and power supply ). I also
chose to add an additional case fan at the lower front corner of my side panel. I sure hope it doesn't end up sounding like a 747 trying to take off. Noise is also a consideration.
There are lots of options for you. I's suggest looking at Newegg, Directron, Tigerdirect etc. at the cooling options that they offer. i am not sure who but I do know that there are video coolers available. You might also check PC Power and Cooling.
Remember lower is better cars too!
Good luck.

Yes it is a very positive place to put a fan in the 5.25 bay I have recently put a 120 thermaltake VR fan in with the manual control at the front for easy access, I have it blowing down across the ram onto the cpu area. I also pt two 80 mm fans in the front lower which supplies air to the video & other cards, with the 80 mm exhaust fan & the Ultra psu fans I have dropped my loaded cpu temp from 60 - 69 C down to 53 - 57 C with room temp of 31 idle is 37 - 40 generally.

I took out the side case fan as it was next to useless & blocking most case fan vents so I get a good wind tunnel of air through the case over the cpu & psu of which I took the bezel & grill off the intake fan to the psu (It was restricting airflow alot) pretty bezel no use otherwise.

I also used very thin card to duct the air more to the cpu.

This is rather unconventional but it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back