Urgent!! DVD Burning Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay: heres my problem,

I've had this Dvd Burner (came with my computer) for about 9 months now. Initially, I had no problems burning cd's, dvd's etc. I used Divxtodvd to convert my avi's, etc to dvd burnable media, then burn them to discs..

By the way, my burner is an AOPEN DUW 1616/ARR, Dual Layer DVD/CD Burner

Heres a screenshot

15.JPG

Recently I have been burning my Cd's ( CD-R/RW etc) fine with it; But now every time I try to burn either data or dvd video files to a dvd using nero, it goes through the process fine, but then when I try to play the dvd on either my computer or dvd player,

it reads "no data, or unreadable data" on my dvd player.

And on my computer, it shows no files, NOTHING in the dvd-drive at all . .

Ive tried about 6 different burning programs..

16.JPEG

Nero, VSo ConvertX to DVD, Cucusoft Burner Pro, and a nother Divx,Avi etc Converter/Burner Pro..

By the way, I use DVD +R's

EDIT:

Okay, ive uncovered part of the problem.. I was observing my Cd/DVD drive in my computer as "drives With Removable Storage"as i was putting the DVD+R disc in.

Interestingly enough.. the drive name with no disc in read "DVD-RW Drive (E: )"

But when I put the blank dvd back in, the Drive changed name to "CD Drive (E: )" ??

??? What does this mean, can someone help me!!

Im stumped..:(

If you have Nero installed try running the tests in CD\DVD speed. also check and make dure that your burner is operating in DMA mode and not PIO.

How do I check if its running in the modes/ change them?

Okay, ive uncovered part of the problem.. I was observing my Cd/DVD drive in my computer as "drives With Removable Storage"as i was putting the DVD+R disc in.

Interestingly enough.. the drive name with no disc in read "DVD-RW Drive (E: )"

But when I put the blank dvd back in, the Drive changed name to "CD Drive (E: )" ??

??? What does this mean, can someone help me!!

Look in device manager under IDE ATA|ATAPI Controllers, look under the advanced tab on the IDE channel your drive is on. there it will tell you if the drive is operating in DMA or PIO.

Atlantis Star said:

This is a corrupted disc. You almost certainly have a failing optical drive, so save yourself a headache and replace your broken DVD-RW with a repaired unit (warranty?) or new unit for less than $30 shipped. :) http://www.newegg.com/ProductSort/Category.asp?Category=10

The only troubleshooting step recommended is using different media... Just to make sure. If you want to feel completely certain, swap out the unit in another computer or using a known, working DVD to ease your mind. Toying with device manager, updating firmware and anything else will just be spinning your wheels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back