urgent help needed!!!!!! (coa product key)

Status
Not open for further replies.

neild79

on booting up my computer, it wouldn't let me into the log screen. it said something about s.m.a.r.t. disk bad, backup + replace + that some files were missing. so i got a loan of a windows xp disk + tried to boot from disk,when i tried to copy them from the disk to my drive i couldnt. so i deleted the partition + formatted the drive, then booted from disk again. it asked me to enter a (coa) product key, but the key i entered does not match the one to go with the disk. it still worked and am writing this message from my pc, but when i try to validate windows using the same key it doesnt work. i cant get the key that came with the disk as the person doesnt have it...any suggestions would be much appreciated....thank you

COA key

Hi there!

COA stands for "certificate of Authenticity"

This key is usually found on a certificate of Authenticity sticker which is usully fuond stuck somewhere on the pc that the Disk came with or stuck on the manual that comes with a new pc.

however, even if you obtained this key it might not Authenticate your install because it was intended for a specific machine, (to the best of my knowledge) so if there is an installation already registered on a microsoft server then you might find that your install will not authenticate.

i am not 100% sure that this will work, but if you ask the person that you loaned it from to check their computer or lititure for the coa key then it might authenticate. You will also probably be falling foul of licensing laws.
because microsoft are really skint and need every penny they can squeeze out of you. lol.

but if you have a coa on your computer you could always phone them and they will give you a new product key that will authenticate.

good luck

First, it sounds like your hard drive is going bad, hence the S.M.A.R.T. message. You might want to consider running your hard drive manufacturers testing utility.

Look at this thread HERE.

Second, you shouldn`t try to install a copy of Windows that is already installed on another machine. The product key will already be in use on that machine and won`t activate on your system.

If you don`t have your own legit copy of Windows, you will need to purchase a copy.

You could try contacting Microsoft, but I don`t think they`ll help very much.

Unfortunately we cannot help any further with this issue I`m afraid. That`s because it`s against Techspot policy to help with any form of piracy, even though you may not be aware, that`s what you`re doing.

Also, please don`t open any more threads for this subject. Thanks.

Thread closed.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back