URGENT HELP REQUIRED - I've disabled a USB Root Hub and i can't get onto my pc!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pork

Basically i was trying to figure out which USB Root Hub in my Device Manager list was the one that wasn't working using process of elimination.

I disabled one of them, and it seems to have disabled all my usb ports! I restarted, and now i can't get onto my pc as my keyboard and mouse dont work in any usb port!

my computer doesnt have the old holes for a mouse or keyboard so i dont know what to do!

i really need to finish some coursework tonight and this is driving me mad!

please help, urgently!

thanks

nick

Looks like your only option is to put your Windows CD in your drive and attempt a repair.

I went into the BIOS and changed a USB Setting to "on boot" isntead of "on." I cuold then access my system with all my usb devices, so i reenabled the port and put the settnig back.

Thank god i tried some other forums before listening to you, rik :p

All I did was offer a suggestion that would help, if you don't like it then stop doing stupid things to your computer. I like everyone else here on TechSpot give my time freely in the pursuit of helping people out. Rest assured that should you have any further problems I will not bother to waste my time on you.

hi .. guys.. sorry i joined a bit late to advise u. but the thing is what ever changes u make to hardware settings inside the windows always have an eefect on a setting in bios if it is built-in component. so what ever u disabled or removed will directly disable or change a setting in BIOS. and that means it can always be changed in BIOS. second thing is.. IF your USB port was really disabled how did u get into your BIOS.. u have to press some initial KEYs to get into BIOS and that means your keyboard was working OUT of Operating system.

One little advise. IF some tried to help you, you should never discourage them. even if their help is not usefull. have a nice day. and RIk i beleive u had been posting a hell of things in here. not all of which would be misguiding you.

Okay. Well even though my keyboard stopped working once before i go tpast the windows screen, it worked in initial startup, as i was told it would do by someone on a differnt forum.

I know that he was trying to help, but i'm just saying its lucky i didnt folloiw his advice. And it is. I've got off with nothing reinstalled and no hassle.

If you followed his advice and if what you are saying is true, you wouldn't have even been able to do a repair of Windows because your KB/Mouse wouldn't have worked.

I didn't even check this thread until today because the first time I saw it posted I saw that Howard deleted another post by you asking the same question. When I see people double posting they immediately get pushed to the bottom of the barrel for priority.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back