Urgent help required please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vertical

I run a small home based business and my business PC all of a sudden has got into a trouble.

The day before yesterday a Windows Messenger was installed on my PC without me knowing about it. I tried to remove it and have removed it. After that I tried to remove everything with word “messenger” from the registry. PC was left running till the next morning and everything was working fine next morning but when I restarted the machine, various problems showed up all of a sudden.

I am not sure that what is happening to my PC is related to my registry clean up.

My desktop appearance has changed though I did not touch it. I cannot connect to Internet and found out that Network Connections folder is empty. There is not a single connection there.

Restore system does not respond. It gives me a message: “Restore system is unable to protect the computer. Restart the computer and try again” but it does not work.

Finally I’ve got to Control Panel > Admin Tools > Services and I’ve found out that ALL services but three (DCOM Server Process Launcher; Remote Procedure Call; TrueVector Internet Monitor) are disabled.

I tried to enable System Restore Serviced and Network Connections but I cannot. After I choose “Automatic” in Services Status and click “Start”, it gives error message: Could not start Network Connections( or System Restore in case of System restore) on local computer. Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely manner”.

I was able though to start Plug and Play service this way.

Please help!

CPU Intel 3.2
RAM: 1024

If any other information is required I am ready to provide it.

Thank you for your prompt reply!

The problem is the CD will bed available for me only after the long weekend. Is there any other way to do something? Thanks.

You could go here http://www.bootdisk.com/ and download an XP boot disk and run some tests off of it like Chkdsk /f and FIXMBR but if Windows is corrupt then you really need the CD to fix it. You can also run SFC.EXE /scannow in windows from the Start, Run box but if it finds any corrupt or missing files you will need the XP cd.....

I tried SFC.EXE/swcannow in the Start > Run but it gives me: Windows cannot find "SFC.EXE/scannow". Make sure you typedd the name correctly....

Might it be I am doing it wrong? Thank you!

Hi,

The scanning has finished suscessfully and did not provide any errors or logs. I hope it is a good sign.

Thank you!

Thank you for desire to help.

My very first concern was also about a virus attack.

I have AVG antivirus software isntalled (updates every day two times). I scanned the whole PC in safe mode. No virus was found.

Unfortunately I cannot use an online scanner as I cannot connect to Internet. As advised above, network service does not work. The Network Connections folder is empty and connection cannot be established.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back