USB deviced not recognized

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Wise and wordly PC users,

I recently switched to PCs becuase I'm frustated that Macs are incompatible with everything. Since I'm new, I've come across a problem I can't troubleshoot.

Everytime I connect to the Internet, either via Outlook, Firefox, or Messegner, I repeatitively get this same error message popping up in my Notification Area.

"USB Deviced Not Recognized" which is followed by,
"One of the USB devices attached to this computer is not recognized and has malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it"

What concerns me is the fact that I have NO devices connected to my computer.

When I click on the "Unknown Device" and attempt to follow XP's troubleshooting prompts, I get the following description.

"No drivers are installed for this device.

If you are having problems with this device, click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter."

If anyoune out there could help I would greatly appreciate it. Concurrently, this issue has made Intel ProSet Wireless card unable to connect to the Internet and I'm afraid a grave crash is approaching.

Thanks,
CMU

Hi

Is that a wireless card installed internally in your pc or is it a wireless adapter plugged into a usb port?

The wireless card is installed internally in my computer. The only two devices which I have plugged into my USB ports are a Logitech Headset for Skype, and a mouse, neither of which require drivers.

Try resetting the router and restart the computer. Unplug the router and plug it back in. Check your internet connection in network neighborhood after you restart the computer.

Even I am facing the same problem, I am having windows XP on my Dell Inspiron 600m and i keep getting the message "USB devices attached to this computer is not recognized and has malfunctioned" and I am unable to connect to the wireless network.

Unrecognized device

Yea. It's really ****ed up. I am still able to connect to the internet occasionally. Once I establish a connection though, it works fine.

I have followed all the problem solving tips from Microsoft, I have even performed a system restore, resetting my computer to the week I bought it.

Out of curiosity, did you download Google Desktop previous to experiencing this problem. I think that may be what is causing the error. Other than that, the only device I have ever plugged into my USB drive is a Logitech USB headset to use skype.

Basically, it has ****ed my computer up and I don't have the time right now to fix it or money to resolve the problem. If you have any luck, let me know.

Cheers,
Matt

same problem

This is my first post and I see that others are having the same problems with the USB port!! I have a inspiron 600m and the message pops up frequently driving me crazy. I have no devices connected to my laptop period. I don't see a good resolution to the problem. Some say power, some say drivers. Anybody out there please help. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back