Usb drive folders just disapeared

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a 400gig external usb drive its 3 weeks old and has worked perfectly until now i just moved a folder onto the drive and now it is showing that there are no folders on the drive , i can access the drive as normal but there is no files there, it shows that ive used 165gig of the 400gig when i click on properties . Ive run a disk recovery program which shows all my missing files but i have a laptop with only a 80gig harddrive so the program cant back up the files to my to laptop. Is there any way of recovering my files without using another drive

have you tried to reinstall driver, unplug the usb and power and replug it and shut down the window.s

1. shut down windows and external hard drive

2, turn on the external hard drive first before computer, let it run for about 10 seconds.

3. turn the computer on and try it again.

tried restarting with drive turned on before hand and reinstalled usb driver but no luck also tried it on my other laptop nothing aswell

If it went offline again, you might want to disassemble the external and make sure that your hard drive is set as master, and make the connection is firm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back