Usb error mesege,when only usb cable inserted in

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello
my problam is i'm getting this error in a yellow ballon when i insert my usb cable to to usb port "usb device not recognized"

the thing is i only insert the cable with no device attached to it.

how the computer knows something is wrong when only the cable is inserted?

it's the same thing as the usb port is standing when no device is attached to it,
unless there is a short in the cable or something a like,but there isn't,i checked it and all the wires conduct to them self(both ends of the usb cable) with no short.

any ideas?

edit:
xp pro sp1 fresh installation
tried another cable,works fine-with or without a device

hum; what kind of cable? Classic A-B or some specialize device?

did you install your USB drivers that came with your device(s)?

ok back off a little bit and u'll see there isn't any device attached to it.

the cable is a usb mini 5 (for camera),i don't think the cable is really important since nothing is attached to it.

as you can see no drivers are required.

good info; then there should be no errors created by attaching it!
There should be no interrupt to even see the cable insert. That happens when
the connection is device--cable--usb.port on the system.

suggest that the cable is bad.

i checked the cable again and all fine by me.

the cable is a little ripped and exposed where the shield is but it doesn't bother the conductivity between the two ends of the cable.

the cable has 4 wires (red,blue,green,white) and a shield,all conduct to there correspand and none of the wires short.

so still why the erorr? maybe there is another way the exposed shield is effecting the cable?

edit:
gonna search the web now to find out why usb is even shielded

I'm sorry but (imo) you're flogging a dead horse -- get a new cable :rolleyes:

it isn't dead yet,i'll just cut the cable near the exposed part and solder it back,it should work.
the main reason i keep persist on solving this case is not from the reason i'm ironfisted but from the reason i'm curios and knowledge seeker.

have you heard of impedance matching? you're going to change the characteristics of
the cable and introduce issues. you could have walked to the store and come back with a
good cable and be done by now.

sometimes we have fun just for fun's sake --- enjoy :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back