Usb Headset Mic Detection Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a maxell USB Headset, normally used for office use for work.

It was working perfectly fine, until I switched it to a different pc with the same settings as mine. It detected the headset, gives sound, but when I open up the sound properties to changed the Mic volume or regular volume it does not show the the Mic option it only shows Speaker, Wave, SW Synth, and CD Player thats all, when I click on properties to see if its their to check it so that I can edit that. It does not show at all the Mic options..

I go to device manager under go to sound and video controllers, click on USB AUDIO DEVICe and it then I click to properties and the Mic Properties dont show their either.

I updated the drivers for the sound card and no improvement. I then took the headset back to its original PC and the same thing happened as to the previous problem with the new pc.

Can someone guide me as to what exactly the problem may be

how can I get an answer for this problem I may be having.. Just asking because I dont know no one seems to know here thats all..

Any suggestions or advice or idea how i can get a fix for this????

If your headset is very old, like over a year, the problem could be in the headset as they burnout way too soon for their cost.

to be honest i dont even know how old they are.. Could it be that the Mic connection inside the small box Where you control the on and off button for the connection is burnt? That is why the PC only detects the ear pieces and not the mic..?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back