USB Mouse problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

steve-o

Mouse prob

I have the USB IntelliMouse Optical and on WinXP it keeps cutting out, the light on the bottom goes out and I cant use it, this happens in all ports.

I'm on a P4 2.4Ghz system with the Intel 845 Chipset drivers installed. And it happens at all speeds :/

Its really annoying it keep going out, can someone please help?

Do you have the possibility of trying another optical mouse on the system? So we can verify that its not just a faulty mouse or the cable connecting the mouse hasn't been pulled/damaged in someway.

Check the settings in the BIOS for USB. Sometimes there are options of whether the ports should be powered or not. Unlikely that this is the problem but have a look anyway. Sounds like a strange problem.

Not directly related to the above but ....

I have a PC which has a keyboard that stays on when after I shutdown. My main PC doesn't do this, so I was wondering how I could fix it? Any suggestions. At a guess I would say BIOS settings, but last time I tried meddling with Power Management on a PC, I had all kinds of problems.

If you mean that this happens in all "USB" ports then try your mouse with the little green USB -> PS2 adapter that it should have been supplied with to check if its a malfunctioning mouse or a motherboard USB problem. Nice idea Uncleel if thats what you meant by "PS2 ?"...

Originally posted by Th3M1ghtyD8
Not directly related to the above but ....

I have a PC which has a keyboard that stays on when after I shutdown. My main PC doesn't do this, so I was wondering how I could fix it? Any suggestions. At a guess I would say BIOS settings, but last time I tried meddling with Power Management on a PC, I had all kinds of problems.
Do you mean that numlock led stays lit? Maybe it's because your computer is set to turn on by pressing some key combination. Setting it power up with (only) normal power button might help. I can't confirm as I don't have leds in my keyboard ;)

Do you mean that numlock led stays lit? Maybe it's because your computer is set to turn on by pressing some key combination. Setting it power up with (only) normal power button might help.

Sorry I wasn't specific, but yes that is what I meant. I have looked for options regarding Power-On, and have disabled all the Power-On Events (i.e. Wake on LAN,PS/2,COM etc), but the light still stays on. Any ideas? Its very annoying when I'm trying to get some sleep :D

You know steve-o isn't the only person with this problem, I have winxp and the same mouse, and it cuts out randomly(really sucks during counter-strike). Steve-o did you get it fixed or what? Talk to us, this could be a learning experience.

Mouse cutout

I was just having this problem and I went on the web to see I'm not the only one. FYI I swapped out the mouse with another intellimouse on the same USB Port through the same extension cable I had been using; and now for the past 30 minutes I appear to be good with it, mine was cutting out every 2 before.

Keep us posted if it works properly for long periods of time. To me it just seems like a crappy made mouse, if it is working half the time and not the other half.

faulty mouse cable

Most likely a faulty mouse cable. The mouse cable breaks right where it enters the mouse. Try and get a new mouse cable or cut the part right where the cable enters the mouse off and reattach the two parts again. This custom fix worked for me but it looks like the problem is coming back again.

I have a MS Wireless Laser Keyboard & Mouse and have the same problem with the mouse/keyboard that keeps cutting out and restarting in quick sucsession. It can be a real pain when trying to type out on the keyboard. If anyone can come up with a cure please help thank's

PS/2 Culprit

I just changed keyboards from Logitech PS/2 connector keyboard to a USB keyboard. Problem solved! :cool:

My mouse would lock up (USB wireless mouse) and it would lock up/cease to act with the PS/2 keyboard. I did not deactivate the ports in the BIOS but that shouldn't matter.

If you're using the PS/2 ports at all I would switch to the USB ports pronto.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back