USB Root Hub Conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I'm hoping there are some smart cookies out there.
I bought a Lexmark All-in -One printer and attached the usb cable to my Dell Latitude/Windows 98. It's s.upposed to be compatible Yhe CD stalls saying that the compiter is not attached to the printer. A Lexmark guy had me check out the device mgr. Lo and behold - there's a conflict. I need this for my work and would be gratefil for help.

Marty S

Marty shay said:
Hi,
A Lexmark guy had me check out the device mgr. Lo and behold - there's a conflict. I need this for my work and would be gratefil for help.

Marty S

you need to be very specific, as you can see the data and we can only work
from whatever you say.

conflicts with WHAT and how? Is the other device still function or also disabled?

see also https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic31601.html

It being W98, you'd have problems with USB as well.
W98SE has slightly better USB support, and that's what you need to either re-install or get the latest update/drivers for.
I'd say time for an upgrade to Windows 2000 with SP4.

Also, if you still can, play dumb and return that piece of Lexmark crap, saying it does not work. (and it doesn't, does it?) Lexmark has yet to produce anything decent.
Hope you did not get their top-of-the-crap-line Lexmark P6250.
You are going to regret it for poor quality output, slow drying poor photos, poor scanning and extremely high running cost (cartridges cost an arm and a leg!).

If speed is not paramount for B/W (but fast in colour), your best and cheapest (to run) bet is the Epson Stylus RX420 Photo (ca. £89.-).
Go for the best, and it'll cost you ca. £139,- for a HP PSC 2355. When you buy new cartridges, you'll also get new printing heads every time, making it cheaper in the long run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back