USB Stick to act as a computer key

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rotary

Hey all of ya.... I wanna creata some kind of computer key so windows won't start without it but I don't really know how should I do that... I have some ideas but they are just ideas.... do u know any software that can create this or anything that can help me?

Thanks guys... cheers bye all

Not sure about software to help but im well into modding things up!!!!

Tell me exactly what you wish to achive and i will do my best to help!!!!!

rik said:
Not sure about software to help but im well into modding things up!!!!

Tell me exactly what you wish to achive and i will do my best to help!!!!!

Thanks

Something like a softkey..... I don't whant my computer to start without a usb stick.... something like a password... but I don't want BIOS to ask for it, instead I want it to search for that password on the USB stick

I dont think thats actually possible!! If it is, ive never heard of it!!

I have done things like joining the power and reset buttons up so that you have to press both together, and made a fake usb that acted as a breaker on the power switch cable.

rik said:
I dont think thats actually possible!! If it is, ive never heard of it!!

I have done things like joining the power and reset buttons up so that you have to press both together, and made a fake usb that acted as a breaker on the power switch cable.

There are the softkey's made by some company and if u install them u can't run anything without that softkey... do u know how those work by any chanse?

Well ive never seen one so iwouldn't have a clue as to how it works!!

I have to say that my fake usb dongle works well. without it, the pc will not power up, and when its in and the pc is powered it doesnt cause a problem if its removed, the pc can then be powered down and will not power up again untill the dongle is inserted again!!!!

rik said:
Well ive never seen one so iwouldn't have a clue as to how it works!!

I have to say that my fake usb dongle works well. without it, the pc will not power up, and when its in and the pc is powered it doesnt cause a problem if its removed, the pc can then be powered down and will not power up again untill the dongle is inserted again!!!!

So do you think I can use your ideea on a notebook?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back