USB stopped working

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcfell27

Need help here,

I've installed Win XP pro with no service packs onto a machine that had Win XP home SP2 (because they lost the recovery disks), now none of the usb 2.0 ports work. I remembered that SP2 has the drivers for usb 2.0 after I'd installed it. Can't download SP2 either.

Tried updating the USB driver and am told i'm missing file usbehci.sys

Looked everywhere on the net for it and ended up in survey hungry sites that that don't deliver drivers as promised.

Any ideas???

if you have the product key from the the XP disks that came with computer or one you BOUGHT you can use it with any windows XP CD to load windows on yuor system.
otherwise, you'll have to BUY another copy or find your recovery disks.

Tedster said:
if you have the product key from the the XP disks that came with computer or one you BOUGHT you can use it with any windows XP CD to load windows on yuor system.
otherwise, you'll have to BUY another copy or find your recovery disks.

Not sure what you're getting at, but there's no need to shout.

Firstly, they are not my recovery disks that got misplaced. They are actually my friends that threw them when they moved house not knowing what they were for. Now their machine is not functioning (browsing the net without any AV)

Secondly, just because my friends are stupid when it comes to computers, dosen't mean they are not entitled to have windows on their PC.

Maybe i'm wrong, I don't know. Just trying to help out a mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back