Use of Ccleaner and deletion of temp int. files etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darrenbilly

I use Ccleaner, the latest version, to delete internet temp files, cookies, history, recently typed urls, last download location, recycle bin, memory dump, checkdisk file fragments and other explorer mrus. I know that using this does not permanently delete them but gets rid of the pointers towards them, correct? I have changed the setting so that it uses gutmann (35 passes) to delete them. I'm not sure if this permanently deletes them or if they can still be brought back with recovery software. Anyone know a programme or utility that will for sure get rid of the above permamnently and can not be brought back in anyway. A previous experience with a hacker has made me use Ccleaner daily, to clear all of the above. Thanks :D

A severe case of overkill. I think all you need do is;

1: CCleaner
2: regscrub
3: defrag

Darrenbilly: if you got 'hacked' before, it was due to a poor use of firewall and antivirus protection, NOT mainly because you don't keep a tidy computer.

Those 3 steps keep it tidy.

Better you should beef up front-line security.

:)

I know that is not why. But its the information they could have got you know. Those 3 do not get rid of internet temp files

firewall

Agree completely,using COMODO firewall on vista,has extremely high ratings,so far so good.DRJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back