use programs in my server from another location

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxdanielxx

Hi i am doing a job for a freind what i am trying to do is this well first i setup his server "which is windows 2003" at his work location and all the computers are able to connect to the server. He has gotten a new location down the street and set up 4 pcs there how can i get it so that they can use the server as if the server was there in other words how can they join the network with out being there.

Depends on length of cable or connection... and what kind of connection pulls them all together> Information is available in the documentation that came with your Windows 2003.

One thing they could do would be to remote control the server or one of the computers in the same building using software such as LogMeIn. A virtual private network might work too, but I'm not sure how you would do that.

ok i did as guide said now i need the ip which ip do i need the one that the router gives the server or the one i created for the network

You'll need the IP of whatever device gets your server online.

If your server is connected directly to your internet modem, then you'll use your server's WAN IP (public internet address). If your server is connected to a router that is connected to a modem, then you'll use your router's WAN IP. If you're using a router, you'll need to setup the appropriate port forwarding and firewall rules for this to work.

If you have a dynamic IP that changes every now and then, you can use a DNS server such as www.no-ip.org and give your other site a memorable address that always stays the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back