Useful tip for ppl with slower Old Laptops?

Status
Not open for further replies.

maniac_lonestar

Yo I got an old 2003 Toshiba P25 Laptop that has had viruses and 10 reformats, a shabby hard drive, dead cpu fan, and and a dying cpu.

I disabled the startup for ctfmon.exe and the computer went faster. I believe my computer doesn't need it to run in the background. I don't have any suggestion for people to do this, because I am not sure what this is for. All I know is that it is for Microsoft Suite and:

Description:
ctfmon.exe is a process belonging to Microsoft Office Suite. It activates the Alternative User Input Text Input Processor (TIP) and the
Microsoft Office XP Language Bar. This program is a non-essential system process, but should not be terminated unless suspected to be causing problems.

So I also looked up the TIP description and I felt that I didn't need it. What happens if I disable ctfmon? Cause I really hate the stupid language bar, and I use Microsoft Office, but I don't need this:

Description of MS Alternative User Input Text Input Processor
Once you run an MS Office program, this process runs in the background to aid in providing text input for programs that use speech recognition, handwriting recognition, translation, and other alternative input programs.

Suggestions? Shud I turn it back on? If I do my computer is slow as hell, and my desktop always run with ctfmon.exe, explorer, and task manager processess and that's it. And no ctfmon is not a virus in my comp.

Hmmm I tried to delete it permanently, but then it goes back if I use programs like Internet Explore or Microsoft Words. Hmmm, any way to disable it permanently?

These are actually great tips, this thread can be pointed towards more recent laptops as well since the product makers are trying to skimp on the processors and stick the consumer the dirty hand with vista, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back