using a remote with my computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

cillian4

Hi, I love to play dvd on my computer I love the colors the movies have but I miss my
remote control that I use when I was playing the movies on the television. I
was wondering is there some kind hardware I can buy that has remote
so when I want to fast forward the dvd I want have to click the mouse

thanks do I need more memory

Thank for the help I just had one more question will adding this slow my computer down I have already up
the memory to 256 but I was wondering if this would slow down.

The remote wonder software takes about 2-5mb of memory to run. It's a little systray icon that supports plug-ins for most popular DVD software. It works well with WinDVD with a 3rd party plug-in.

I'd say all together- the device driver, tranceiver, USB drivers and remote wonder software- maybe 10-12mb total memory usage. It doesn't slow your computer down though as it runs mostly idle until used. It is also nifty as the little arrow dish on the remote steers your mouse pointer so it makes a nice, radio frequency wireless mouse as well.

They are about $20 on NewEgg. There are two models Remote Wonder and Remote Wonder-II. The II has more buttons, a more tactile mouse thumb control and longer range (about 15-20' max).. whereas the RW-I has about 8-12' range and the mouse dish is flat with a different feel. Both work great as I use both here.

Both only need a free USB port to work- USB 1.0 or 2.0, doesn't matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back