Using an external DVDRW Drive like a Hard Drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I use to have a program called Easy CD Creator, and I swear it had a feature that allowed you to make a virtual hard drive out of a rewritable CDR. Is this possible? I never tried it, but I read about it, and I think that is what it did.

So, for instance, if you formatted the rewritable disc, you could then drag and drop files onto it like a floppy drive.

If anyone has a clue as to what I am trying to say, please inform me. ;)

Thanks.

Yes, look it up at Roxio site. I'm sure they explain it better. It must be some sort of a system tray icon app that handles drag-n-drop of files.

But DVDRW is slow, external is even slower. It's best for back-up's. Not installing/running apps on it.

Hey,

Thanks for writing. No, actually I want to use the drive to DL stuff onto, without having to DL to my HD first. I am on a notebook computer and only have a 20GB HD. I just got a Verizon Broadband Card, and so I am going a little crazy with the DLing. :) I use to have DSL on a desktop and I DLed some much crap that I burnt the HD drive up or whatever, but it totally blew out on me, and I lost a ton of stuff. That is why I would rather save things directly to a DVDRW disc, rather than having to write it to my hard drive first. Does this make sense?

Anyway, I went and checked out the Roxio website, but I still don't know what the lil' add-on program is called for Easy CD Creator. I read the overview for Easy CD Creator 7.5 and didn't really see it on there.

Any idea?

You are looking for Packet writing software.Direct Cd, Nero INcd ,caution only load one they willnot share a computer.

Yep,

DirectCD...that's the name I was looking for. GREAT! Thanks so much for the help. One last thing. Can you use a DVDRW the same way as a CDRW? What about a dual layer DVDRW Disc?

Thanks.

I do, I use INCD no problems once it is setup, and generally that isn't hard.I have no experience with dual layer( It probably works the same ,check software Web site.).Do not forget to turn of XP writing software,\.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back