Using Ghost to remove desktop items

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I create a ghost image of a system, can I then edit the image to remove things like network neighborhood and internet explorer from the desktop? I ask because I need to roll out ~40 systems to inexperienced users and need them to be as bulletproof as possible. Plus I need them to do work and not browse around the internet.

I have been told this is possible, however I am having trouble finding either the reg keys or the switches within ghost to make it so.

thanks

I don't *think* you can edit the image directly without performing another capture - at least I've never had luck modifying the image directly. You could always join them to your domain and manage the desktop that way - if you have AD in place.

All I can do with the Ghost Explorer utility is explore current images - but not change them. I can extract any file(s) I want from an existing image but I can't add or change anything. Have you heard/seen differently?

I have heard differently and am trying to get confirmation.

I was told that there is a switch you can throw somewhere that removes IE and My Network Places (Network Neighborhood) from the desktop. Either a switch or a reg edit or both.

Wonder if it is a part of the AI Builder program, as I have not used that program before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back