using the "My Backup" folder after system recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

wamderlust

After having to do a recovery with backup recently, I now have the oem version of windows, including the 'My Backup' folder, which was of course created during the recovery. It seems that everything in this folder is what I originaly had in my 'C' drive/partition. Now, the question is, can I replace everything in 'C' with this data, or can I only pick out the data like pictures, music, install files. Or, can I repleace the whole enchilada and have everything back to the way it was before I had to recover?
Thanks for any help!

i dont even have that it said it would save my stuff and i cant find it anywhere.. the memory is like it was but i have no stuff

search for a folder called "My Backup", or anything "Backup", use Start>Search etc.
if that does not help, there is a program called Acronis Disk Director, this prog. saved my hide more then once. I believe that prog., or another by Acronis can recover lost data on a harddrive. Search for 'lost data recovery' on the internet, often times when you thought u may have lost everything, such software can actually recover it...look here http://www.acronis.com/
good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back