Using your TV as a 2nd Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shad

I know there are several ways of doing so, my friend have a very simple way and just runs a cable from his graphics card to his TV but i aint sure how.....

i have a Nivada Gforce4 MX 420, but i dunno if this would work?

hhi
u need a s video out on the video card
tehn go to disply porperties and enable it,
i am sure that the MX 420 cards were shipped with S video port ,u need to check if your card has one , resti is simple , just need to connect the card and the TV and then the settings from the display properties

Furthuring to es84's advice, the card you mention does not have a s-video out, that is, if i'm looking at the same one we're talking about

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/video/display/gf4-mx420.html

If you wish to run the pc through the tv then i'm afraid you'll need to upgrade that card to one with a s-video port. It looks similar to the plug for a PS/2 mouse/keyboard but black in colour (most of the time)

The only thing u need to do then is hook up the TV with the cable and enable it through the NVIDIA control panel. If it doesn't detect ur TV, there is a force tv detection checkbox u can use to make it detect ur TV. U won't have to use it though I think.

ok i have the port and my graphics card will allow duel monitors, what cable is it i need ?

hi '
u need a s vdeo cable
theen go to the display properties and c lick on monitor , u should see 4 displays pictures there , then make sure that teh check mark on the TV is green,and then u are good to gett vido on the TV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back