UT 2003 Help???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please help Me!! I just built my very first pc and everything works great but when i play UT 2003 it takes a real long time to load the game specially when playing online, I play with this res 1024 By 768 and every detail set to the highest setting . It takes about a whole minute to load , i also tried playing a the lowest res with low details and it still takes a long time to load.. Please Help me
Any help is good help.

AMD Athlon XP 2400
Soyo Dragon KT 400
2 80 Gig Seagate barracudas Raid0
256 Mb DDR Ram Crucial
MSI GForce 4 4600 Ti
:( :( :( :(

Dont worry thats totally normal. Im running a AthlonXP2100+, GF4 Ti4200 with 256MBs of DDR333 and it takes me forever. Especially on huge maps like face3 or a match with 6-8 bots. UT2K3 is a major CPU eater, and it really needs a topend system. I guess you could turn settings down low, but then you just have regualr UT in fuzzy mode with some new weapons and maps. Plus that doesnt help reduce load times. I reccomned more RAM, I just bought another 256MB stick today, now I wont have to turn down settings when playing Face3 :D My friend has the same PC as me but with 512MB if DDR333, his loads alot faster, and can handle larger maps much better.:grinthumb

Agissi's recommendation is a good one. I doubled my memory a while back to 512mb of PC2100 and load times of Morrowind dropped a little. Now with 512mb of PC3500 @ max timings 333DDR load times are the quickest my system has seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back