Various bsod after new install

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlkmgr

i have just pieced together my new rig. C2D E4500, MSI P6NMG-FD 630i, 2 x 1GB CORSAIR DDR2 800, XP HOME.

i am continually getting various BSOD (bad pool header, memory management, driver_irql_not_less_than_equal). there are others but the comp simply restarts too fast for me to read. i have attempted to use microsoft update, but explorer continually crashes as well. i am not sure where to go or what to do from here. someone help me.....

What we need from you is to attach your minidumps to your next posting. The more you have the better.

How to find your minidumps:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files. It is these files we need, NOT the whole folder. Attach the minidumps in your next post.

To attach look for the screen below your posting that has the Manage Attachment box.

* Also, try running MemTest on your RAM for a minimum of 7 passes.

anytime i try to acces those files, the comp freezes and quits responding. is there a way to make it so the comp will not reboot everytime it crashes so i can at least read what the bsod is saying?? thanks again....

i attempted to reboot and keep getting your system has recovered from a serious error loop. will not pass this screen. i "click to send report" only to be told iexplorer encountered a prob and needs to close. i can no longer open up explorer to view web pages without getting this error.
i copied two of the error signatures if that helps they are:
BCCode: 1000050 BCP1: C08225F0 BCP2:00000000 BCP3:C0225F0 PCP4: 00000002 OSVer:5_1_2600 SP:2_0 Product: 768_1

same letters apply as above just different numbers.
100000d1 5118244D 00000002 00000001 BA9B6CC0 5_1_2600 2_0 768_1

also getting WINLOGON.EXE encountered a prob and needs to close.

any thoughts???

i went and uninstalled the programs i installed earlier trying to pinpoint any possible problem. with the iexplorer error repeatedly, i uninstalled ie7. i have disconnected all hardware except the bare necessities.

ok, so now i was verifying to ensure my memory is compatible with my mobo at it's website (it is) and here is what is said:
Main Memory
• Supports 2 unbuffered DIMM of 1.8 Volt DDR2 SDRAM
• Supports up to 4GB memory size
• Support Single Channel DDR2 533/667/800MHz

Due to the High Performance Memory design, motherboards or system configurations may or may not operate smoothly at the JEDEC (Joint Electron Device Engineering Council) standard settings (BIOS Default on the motherboard) such as DDR3 voltage, memory speeds and memory timing. Please confirm and adjust your memory setting in the BIOS accordingly for better system stability.

i went and adjusted the memory settings to 667MHz and i am typing from the computer as we speak. could this setting in the bios have something to with the instability of my system?? the mobo states it supports DDR2 800MHz, but now the comp seems to be stable. anyone with some thoughts...

oh, and i can now access the mini-dump files, but cannot open them (as the system doesn't know what program to open them with and neither do i) also, could my psu be the culprit. it is a logisys PS480D. (Total Power 330W)

RAM can cause all kinds of stability issues and not just when it is corrupted. Voltae and timing can play a major issue in causing all kinds of headaches. It seems from what you describe that by lessening the voltage your memory has become satble and thus the system is satble.

As for the minidumps, when you open the Minidump Folder and find those files don't worry about opening them with any of your programs. It takes the Windows DeBugger to open them. Just attach those files to your next post if you wish. Notice my instructions in my first respone.

Personally, if you don't mind me suggesting, you need a more powerful PSU. What kind of video card are you running?

i have the timing set to auto. not sure if i should go and manually adjust. the voltage is at 1.95v currently. max is 2.00 but it highlights it red and has me worried. i am using the integrated video. no video card. thanks for your help so far. i have attached the 3 most recent .dmp files. there are 44 total right now.

Were these dumps before or after you lowered the voltage to your RAM? Two of three say memory corruption while the third is too general.

Even if you have stability I would still run MemTest. And, again, I would seriously consider getting a more powerful PSU that is of a quality build.

i ran memtest 7 times as suggested before and all passed without any errors. i think i ran some live update via MSI and it reloaded the current bios again and reset the ram settings. it was unstable again so i went and adjusted the settings and it has been stable again. with the new psu, do you think i will be able to reset and run at 800MHz? any real benefit over my current 667MHz? i will check into a psu asap. thanks again for your help...

Then it appears it is your RAM timings which is great because you don't have to replace anything as far you know. Did I read your previous post that your PSU only puts out 330 watts???

As for spped of RAM what are you using your PC for?

i just use it for everyday tasks. net, music and some dvd burning, office applications for work. no games at all. how would i go about setting the RAM timings? right now they are set to auto. here is the RAM that i have: http://www.corsair.com/_datasheets/TWIN2X2048-6400.pdf
not exactly sure where i would adjust the settings. if you could point me in the direction, it would help alleviate a big headache!! and yes, my PSU ony ouputs 330W. here is the specs from newegg: Output +3.3V@28A,+5V@36A,+12V@16A,
-12V@0.8A,-5V@0.5A,+5 VSB@2A. purchased awhile ago and was hoping to simply re-use this, but perhaps its not enough??

i was just looking at various psu's at newegg and noticed some say v1.X while others state 2.XX. do these v's make a difference? thanks for your continued help!!

Corsair makes good RAM. I would say let your motherboard set the voltage and timings. For what you do with your PC you don't need to worry about "pushing" your RAM to higher settings.

Since it is stable that is what you want. I would still consider a better power supply between 450 -500W. Check out NewEgg.com for customer reviews on various power supplies.

What video card are you using?

no video card. just using the integrated graphics which is fine to me. i will monitor the comp for the next couple of days and see how it goes. i will definitely order a new power supply. does the different "v" factors make a difference then?? i see many are v2.0, v2.01, v2.2
will it make a bit of difference which one i pick??

Then you are quite fine with a PSU of 450W (possibly even 425W) since you are using intergrated graphics. Seriously, you are not pushing your system and it appears it is more than adequate for what you want to do.

If you want I can PM you some time late Sunday afternoon with some suggestions. Meanwhile Thermaltake (they have a nice 450W at NewEgg), Fortron Group, and Silverstone are good name brands.

please do pm me. i would like to get this thing in top shape before i sell my older comp on thursday. thanks again for all your help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back