Various BSOD, needs a little help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I just stumbled onto this site and I think its a wealth of info. I'm wondering if anyone here can help me with a few problems I've been having with startup. Pretty much every time I turn on windows I get a BSOD. There are various errors, mostly the dreaded IRQL MORE/LESS EQUAL and some various other BSOD errors.

I was thinking it was a memory issue so I recently installed some new memory ( 1 gig Corsair Value memory PC3200, 2 sticks) and switched from a Linksys wireless USB adapter (WUSB54G) to a linksys PCI wireless card ( WMP54GS) because I was having problems with the USB adapter not showing up to get internet access.

I'm pretty sure this thing is a driver issue. I just have no idea what is conflicting with what. I unistalled what drivers I could and reinstalled the latest versions of all my drivers. I just learned about posting the minidumps and I'm not sure how to use dumpchk.exe but I'm educating myself about it.

My system:
MOBO: Gigabyte GA-7N400 pro 2
VIDEOCARD: ATI Radeon 9200
MEMORY: Corsair value memory 1 gig

Any help would be appreciated!
SISPH

SIWINACC.SYS-Silicone Graphics Sata Raid driver
NTOSKRNL.EXE- Windows System
NVAPU.SYS-Norton Antivirus
SI3112R.SYS-Silicone Graphics SATA Raid Driver

This is what the minidumps point to. I would start troubleshooting the SATA Raid drivers first

Thanks for taking a look at the dumps.

What's weird is that I thought it was a memory issue so I ended up buying new memory. I still got BSODs but then I said " what the hell, lets put all 4 sticks of memory in and see what happens". It's only been a few days but now I have 2 gigs of PC3200 RAM and I haven't had a startup freeze or crash yet. So here's hoping.

I'm still looking at those SATA drivers.

Appreciate it!
SiSPH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back