Various errors under xp and linux.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rapier8

I have windows xp SP2 and i keep getting a BAD_POOL_HEADER BSOD and a few other BSODs (BAD_POOL_HEADER isthe most common) when doing various tasks. I have not installed anything new in 3 months (previous upgrade was new video card, ram, and hd).

I've read that defective ram could be the problem but it's been fine for 3 months and i don't know why it would just start to mess up now.

The error usually happens when playing games and happens at various times in the game. (sometimes after 10 minutes, sometimes never.)

I have the indexing services disabled and uninstalled any extra hardware that i had. I also have problem with some programs not working: peer gaurdian won't block connections, my ati remote won't work even though the program is running, my keylogger not comming up when i do the key combo, and various other annoyances.

When the first started my motherboard was giving me a lot of beeps of different tones all the time (even under idle under linux with the screensaver going). I also once got a nvidia driver BSOD. I have a MSI K7N2 Delta-ILSR mobo and an Athlon xp 2600+ with an nforce2 chipset. Also, my sound keeps cutting out as well as video artifacts in games.
I also get a electronic echo sound when doing absolutly nothing.

Could this be a motherboard problem (i'm thinking it is), a ram problem, or something else? any help would be great

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back