Various problems with A7N8X Deluxe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some help... A7N8X Deluxe

Hey my mobo's a A7N8X Deluxe model but lately ive been having some problems, i thought when i switched over to xp i wouldnt get the blue screen of death anymore, but as of late its happening quite often, i keep getting the "System Dumping physical Memory" blue screen lately and in the blue screen it tells me i should maybe update my bios? problem is i dont have a floppy installed... anyone have any ideas what causes this blue screen and what i can do to fix it if maybee its not a bios problem after all? i just did a fresh format and reinstall of windows xp so i dont think thats the problem but hey, maybe im wrong, any help on this matter wuld be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance guys.

Ok after your reinstall of windows did you reinstall the motherboard drivers? are there any devices in device manager with a yellow question mark or yellow triangle next to them? you either have a some hardware, like ram etc going bad or you have compaitability issues. a bios update can sometimes solve the compaitability issues. you can test your ram with memtest, or if you have other ram just try different modules.

And welcome to TechSpot.

i couldnt find the cd actually for my original motherboard drivers so i went and installed the nforce drivers instead
where can i get memtest? ill go look for it now but in the meantime, know anywhere i can find the original mother board drivers?

check the manufactuer's website for drivers.
memtest can be downloaded off the net. google it.
Your brand and board are known to be picky with RAM. Ensure your ram is compatible with the board. Read the manual.

I Have An Asus A7N8X-Deluxe With Agp 8x mobo - and a amd 1.2 ghz processor im trying to install this new chip of ram i just got the specs on it are 512 MB pc3200 DDR 400mhz but my computer wont run using it even though my motherboard manual says it suppors pc3200 ddr why wont it work? help!!! if it helps any the ram used is by corsair

Please try to keep your problem in the same thread. Splitting it in multiple threads will only make it harder for people to help you.

sorry, this is a different problem tho, i no longer have the blue screen of death, im just trying to get this new ram i got to work now.

Asus boards are VERY picky about brands of Ram they will accept. Even if it seems to be ok specs, if it is not a recommended brand, the board will not take it. This is why I avoid Asus boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back