Vbs:malware-gen Problem, 1.reg infection!

Status
Not open for further replies.

thekze

Hi everyone...

I am stuck with a virus for the past 2 days, everytime I boot up windows I get a report from Avast! saying I am infected with this malware, and the file is located at: C:\Users\Kenni\AppData\Local\Temp and is called "1.reg"

This makes my internet being really slow and barely loading any webpages. I did a lot of pages on google and tried everything I could from generous people helping others.I also did the "Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal post" I ran a LOT of antispyware software, ccleaner, spybot, avg, adaware and others. I decided to post here because I think that by posting my HijackThis report, people might be able to spot where my problem really is. Here is my log:

Let me know if you guys need more, I am cooperative!

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Make sure you connect any flash drives to your system, so that they can be cleaned as well.

Please download Flash_Disinfector.exe by sUBs and save it to your desktop:
Note: Please delete any existing copy of Flash Disinfector(if any) on your pc and download this one.

* Double-click Flash_Disinfector.exe to run it.
* Follow any prompts that may appear.
* Wait until the program has finished scanning, then please exit the program.
* Restart your computer and see if problem still persists.

Download this TOOL. Extract it and run the Noob_kill.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as Attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the Panda Antirootkit scan.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of thekze only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Thank you very much for helping me. I did everything as asked, I rebooted and I still have the same problem. I ran AVG rootkit (because I am on vista), didn't find anything =(

Click start/run and type services.msc into the run box and press the enter key.

When the window appears, maximise it. Double click on the following services(if there) and select stop if they are running. Set the startup type to disabled. Click apply/ok for each service you disable.

Windows Updater

Close the services window.

Open notepad and copy/paste the text in the code box below into it:
NOTE* make sure to only highlight and copy what is inside the quote box nothing out side of it.
Also ..

Pay particular attention to this :-

Make sure the word File:: is on the first line of the text file you save (no blank line above it, & no space in front of it)
Code:

File::
C:\Windows\system32\WinUpdater.exe

Folder::
C:\VundoFix Backups

Registry::
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"Windows Updater"=-
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\runservices]
"Windows Updater"=-

Save this as CFScript.txt

Then drag the CFScript.txt into ComboFix.exe as you see in the screenshot below.

CFScript.gif

This will start ComboFix again. After reboot, (in case it asks to reboot), post the contents of Combofix.txt in your next reply together with a fresh HJT log.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of thekze only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Looks like we`re going to have to delete this bugger manually.

You might want to copy and paste these instructions into a notepad file. Then you can have the file open in safe mode, so you can follow the instructions easier.

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name(NOT THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT). See how HERE.

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how HERE.

Click start/run and type services.msc into the run box and press the enter key.

When the window appears, maximise it. Double click on the following services(if there) and select stop if they are running. Set the startup type to disabled. Click apply/ok for each service you disable.

Windows Updater

Close the services window.

Open your task manager, by holding down the ctrl and alt keys and pressing the delete key.

Click on the processes tab and end process for(if there).

WinUpdater.exe

Close task manager.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045} - (no file)

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {83A2F9B1-01A2-4AA5-87D1-45B6B8505E96} - (no file)

O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [Windows Updater] WinUpdater.exe

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or folders(if there).

C:\Windows\system32\WinUpdater.exe

Reboot into normal mode and rehide your protected OS files.

Post a fresh HJT log.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back